Watch panelists Chris Roberts, G. Mark Hardy, and Matthew Rosenquist at VShield 2020
I had the honor to be on a distinguished panel with the incredibly knowledgeable G. Mark Hardy and the infamous white-hat hacker Chris Roberts. We discussed the evolution of cyber resilience, agility, and innovation in these troubling times.
Gokhan Say, the organizer of VShield 2020, facilitated a great list of issues that impact every digital citizen on the planet!
Watch the panel as we discuss the following topics:
- Is Covid-19 a turning point for cybersecurity?
- Are Insider Threats increasing with the shift to remote workforces?
- Are trusted employees still the greatest threat? How can security help improve employee behaviors?
- Privacy: is it a government, business, or societal problem? What is the responsible approach? Should tech companies be compelled to unlock user devices, build-in backdoors, or use weak encryption algorithms?
- Are Bug Bounty programs good or evil for technology?
- How important is IoT security? Are the emerging risks being addressed or ignored across transportation, critical infrastructure, and government agencies?
- Nation States – will the cold war intensify?
- How will hardware and firmware insecurity for critical infrastructure play out? Where are the risks?
- What are the most important emerging topics in cybersecurity!
These guys were awesome! I was thrilled to be part of this panel and share my humble thoughts. We all are looking forward to doing this again on-stage next year in Istanbul Turkey, where we can debate, banter, pontificate, take questions from the audience!
The entire VShield 2020 conference is recorded and posted to YouTube!
Here is a link, our panel starts at 3:11:27 and ends at 3:44:15 (~33 minute panel): https://youtu.be/YFy7PjAmep4?t=11487