This is posted on behalf of Ashish Khanna, Assistant Vice President - Corporate IT for EIH Limited (Oberoi Group).
Due to CORONA virus most of the organizations are allowing their employees to work form home.Here is a checklist for work from home amidst COVID-19.
Check list for Work from Home Amidst COVID 19:
- First thing IT should check is the remote working capability in case of Work From Home (WHF) is required
- Segregate laptop and desktop users first.
- Desktop users should be allowed for “use your own device” or company-owned or rented laptops
- Deploy the endpoint monitoring agents and restrict the access as per the role, responsibility and company policies
- Segregate and define productive applications
- Check readiness of access of all critical application over on Web/VPN
- Use messenger, file sharing, VC Meeting and screen sharing solution to avoid the travelling. (i.e. Team, Webex, GoTo Meeting, Skype etc.)
- Use WhatsApp so that people get update for the quick task
- Refer all organization email communications very seriously
- Vendor, Buyers/Suppliers should also enable for digital platform like VC meeting and emails
- Organizations must enable digital payment capability immediately if it is not there
- Use Wifi/Data Card/Hot Spot for the network connectivity
- To support above action items data Security and access management must be reviewed and validated by IT Team
- Single source of information handled by HR & Corporate
- Communication Team: Organization should have dedicated hotline/email id for emergency services (Employees can share their health condition and seek emergency support and care services) in case of any emergency