CISO burnout is a serious issue and through this discussion, we try to find out the impact of this issue on organizations and individuals
- CISOs are overstretched (CISOs are, on average, working 11 more hours than they’re contracted to work each week)
- The staffing shortage and skill gap makes it harder, CISOs have to manage operations
- Ever-increasing threat landscape and solution landscape makes it harder to keep up and evolve infrastructure accordingly
- CISO Role increased strain impacts tenure of CISO, lower engagement with other executives, less capacity to drive his/her team.
- Crucial areas like hiring, customer communication, professional development get hindered and ignored