Here are 5 Reasons which may help you understand the Security Information & Event Management (SIEM) benefits. You may want to consider an SIEM solution in following cases:
- Considering to reduce the cost of meeting ever-increasing compliance requirements: With the ability of automating data collection, analysis and reporting Security Information & Event Management (SIEM) tool can be the solution to your compliance related challenges. With out-of-the-box reports, continuous compliance tracking you can bring down the overall audit cost and manage multiple compliance at the same time.
- You are looking for a centralized Arial view into your IT infrastructure: An Security Information & Event Management (SIEM) tool enables an organization to collect, Analyze and identify security threats in real time. With SIEM solution you have greater amount of visibility into your IT infrastructure. You can correlate between different security events, identify and fix broken security processes and perform forensics for any security events.
- You are looking to set up a Automated incidence response process at your organization: Many Security Information & Event Management (SIEM) tools have in-built automatic response capabilities. An SIEM solution can help you accelerate and optimize the incident workflows . You can set up ticketing and alerting capabilities in your program and/or with fine tuned security settings an SIEM solution can also direct the appropriate security control to stop the attack.
- You are looking to scale your organizations Security capabilities to the next level: Using Security Information & Event Management (SIEM) you can consolidate all your investments made into different IT security tools by effectively utilizing them. Imagine the number of security devices/software's/ appliances you have in your network, they will become eyes and ears for your SIEM solution. This surely is going to enhance your organizations security capabilities in today's ever evolving threat landscape.
- You are simply looking to upgrade your traditional SIEM deployment: Modern day Security Information & Event Management deployment integrates with different Threat Intelligence feeds and leverages Big data technologies for Security Analytics. They are extremely useful and effective . They have low false positives and false negatives rate and can help reduce workloads for your in-house security team.