The scope of the project encompassing Business Units, Support Functions, 200+ Processes and 8500+ employees. The project was an outcome of the data pilferage risk envisaged in terms of sensitive customer information and financial data. The risk assessment took inputs from various avenues such as internal audits, external audits, risk event, control committees conducted with the Top Management, business requirement were driven by the customer expectations.
The overall Project approach:
- Risk Assessment
- Management By-in
- Business Alignment
- Product Selection / Proof of Concept
- Solution Deployment and Operations
Checklist to consider in Evaluating and implementing DLP solution
Identify Critical Business Information
- Right scoping to cover all the critical business processes
- Defined roles and responsibility matrix
- Identification of the sensitive information
- Laying down the notification and reporting requirements
Policy Definition and Finalization
- Defining and documenting the policy statements.
- Configuring the tool with the policy statements.
- Establish the protocol for the policy violations and related logging.
- Mapped the internet access and external email access with the role profiles to ensure that the access is strictly
- as per business need.
DLP Incident Management Process and Consequence Management
- The incidents review by the appropriate Incident Managers.
- Incident analysis to determine Legitimate use of business information
- Identify wrong business processes
- Add new processes to address data loss risks
- Policy fine-tuning recommendations to be identified
Policy Fine Tuning
- Based on the findings from earlier exercise, policies needs to be fine-tuned
- Policy fine-tuning reduces unwanted incidents
- Helps organizations to transform the DLP tool for monitoring to block mode
- Actionable Auditing and Policy fine-tuning would be a continuous process
Continuous monitoring and Management Reporting Framework
- Establish a mechanism to feed in the learning to ensure mature program in place