- Here is the list of top 5 emerging vendors of MDR Solutions (Managed Detection and Response). But before that let us understand what is the difference between MDR and MSS (Managed Security Services).
MDR vs MSS
- MDR is different from MSS. Managed Security Service Providers (MSSPs) monitor network security controls and may send alerts when anomalies are identified. MSSPs typically do not investigate the anomalies to eliminate false positives, nor do they respond to real threats. This means that abnormalities in network usage are forwarded to your IT personnel who must then dig through the data to determine if there is a real threat and what to do about it.
So, lets have a look at the top 5 emerging vendors of MDR Solutions:
- Red Canary was founded in 2013 to make customers’ security better. The Managed Detection and Response solution combines industry-defining technology, process, and expertise to accurately detect threats that bypass other security tools. Headquartered in Denver, Red Canary empowers organizations to stop attacks before they result in breaches. Red Canary was built to bring Fortune 100 detection and response to every organization.
- Service: Red Canary
- FireEye as a Service is a managed detection, investigation and response service that provides battle-savvy security experts, equipped with timely, relevant threat intelligence to detect, investigate and remediate threats early in the attacker lifecycle. FireEye as a Service leverages your existing investments in both FireEye and third party technology to provide real-time visibility across the enterprise, including your most remote locations.
- Paladion’s CyberActive℠ MDR can augment your current security operations or provide active threat defense with 24/7 monitoring, remote incident investigation, and response from our Cyber Operation Centers or SOCs. At Paladion, our cyber defense services can help your organization achieve robust cyber resilience by delivering the services necessary to protect your critical data from the latest cybersecurity threats.
- Service: CyberActive℠ MDR
- Trustwave’s MDR for Endpoints service continuously records endpoint activity and then centralizes that information in our secure cloud for detailed analysis. The result is complete endpoint visibility as the information is available in real-time continuously to our threat hunters. You have detailed insight into the current state of your endpoint security status as well as the details of what caused a specific alert so that a prescriptive response can be executed on your behalf.
- Service: Trustwave MDR for Endpoints
Raytheon Foreground Security
- Raytheon Foreground Security’s patented automated threat detection and analytics technology enables us to effectively engage and combat advanced threats as they emerge. Taking an end-to-end, collaborative approach, to optimize threat intelligence for your unique industry and enterprise security requirements.
- Service: Raytheon MDR Service